This afternoon I spent some time clearing out gazanias from around the dripper lines and digging holes to replace plants that did not survive a dry period we had a few years ago. I decided that I would put in more eremophilas (emu bushes). The area is very dry but is also the entrance to our place and needs cheering up. Some groundcover Eremophilas will be needed so that they can grow down a small embankment. This is one that I thought would be good as it has proved itself to be very hardy and is flowering prolifically at the moment much to the delight of the New Holland Honeyeaters.
There is a list of hardy eremophilas here.